Free screenings are held at two locations every month on the following schedule:
- K Street Screening: Monthly, every second Wednesday
- Cedar Hill Screening: Monthly, every third Friday
What to expect when having your kidneys checked during one of our screenings:
- Process takes 15 minutes.
- We take your blood pressure and ask for a urine sample to screen for proteinuria. For further information about this process review our what is a urine protein (albumin) test?
- Patient receives results onsite and is asked a few questions pertaining to their health literacy. Depending on results, patient may be advised to follow up with their primary care physician or a nephrologist. If patient doesn’t have a provider, information will be given onsite.